Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Saturday Afternoon Project

 

I love a lazy Saturday afternoon...

 

One where I can just let my creative mind go.... I'm a junk store junkie and always fall in love with things that are vintage... hidden treasures in the corner of an antique or thrift store.

So I pulled these chairs out today to give them their long awaited makeover.

The Before

I found these four yummy chairs a few months again...not so sure what I was going to do with them but knew they had to come home with me and be apart of my new classroom.....

 

I thought I would share my easy little fun project with you...Hope you Enjoy!

So a trip to Joann's I found these wonderful fabrics and trims....I pulled out some findings, flowers and trims from my stash box too...



All while watching old ( I mean OLD 1928) black & white Alfred Hitchcock movies that my son and I bought yesterday....I love black and white films and anything Hitchcock...





 A little messy paint to give it that whimsical look...



Flowers, Tassels,Buttons and bows....












XOXO......Sherri

7 comments:

  1. So Gorgeous sherri. I love the colors and embellishments. Absolutely fantastic job.
    hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Sherri you did a wonderful job they are gorgeous.
    great fabric and buttons.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finished project. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices of colors and I love those buttons. What a great Saturday project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute. I wish I had an eye for things like this. Great project, looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these chair makeover! Gorgeous color scheme...I so love shabby chic! Trying to figure out how to make it work in a 100+ year old New England converted barn...I'm determined so sooner or later I'll let you know when I have pictures!
    Hugs and TFS,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW great project, you did a really great job! x

    ReplyDelete